Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm Whipped

It's no secret that Will's wittle wonder Willow Smith is talented and adorable, but there is something more.  It's beyond what a parent (either hers or I) can recognize and see in a child.  I'm almost always ooohing and ahhhing over some puppy, but it's rare that I get this way about a human, let alone a potentially annoying child.  For some hater-esque reason, I completely disregarded the hoopla surrounding her, until a few weeks after the world knew.  My bubble was popped and I stood (or sat in my office) looking like that surprised emoticon.  I JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I WAS SEEING AND HEARING.  Sure, she has a quasi-baby voice.  Don't they all at that age? I mean she IS 9, but she can sing, like really sing.

I watched her interview on the Ryan Seacrest radio show, and her gum chewing never bothered me. Nope, it didn't.  I thought it was cute and appropriate (kinda) for a kid, who was probably a wee bit nervous.  Then her official video debuted which was verrrry fitting and fun.  I never raised my brow, unless it accompanied a finger snapping in a circle.  Other than that, I was smiling and bouncing.

Now she goes and has her first live performance on Ellen and slayed many grown folks who've been in the game for a minute.  I'm fancying her to be the next Aaliyah.  Yep, I said it and I mean it.  She's got "it."  Peep her hair whippage below and whip yours while you're at it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a piece of your mind. Thanks!