Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just Fine

It's been a while.  I have more drafts on my Blogger dashboard than I care to admit.  I've put so much energy into the crafting the perfect "I'm back" post that I haven't posted shyt.  So, I've decided to just write. 

This year has been absolutely amazing for me.  I can't say that enough and not bubble the phuck up inside.  I've been incredibly blessed beyond belief.  My homeboy sent me a text from him and his wife (still odd to type that, since he just got married) that said "This is the year of Tiffanie."  It's true.  Everything, and I mean e'rythang I've wanted has come true.  My daddy bought me a house.  My kids are flourishing.  I have the best, most honorable friends ever.  I got a raise and I'm "Employee of the Year" and I got a new job.  My dog is healthy, still an aggressive little fucker, but a joy.  Best of all, I'm an auntie!!! No one can test me.  I'm so happy, from the depths of my soul and it's a feeling I've never felt...EVER.  I'm not counting giving birth or being married as being comparable to this level of happiness.  I think mostly because it's come so naturally and is not forced.  In the seemingly darkest of times, I've found and maintained joy.  That puts me well on my way to be a Bodhisattva

As I've mentioned before, I'm a Buddhist.  Our "church" is held on the first Sunday of every month and it's called Kosen Rufu, which is what we like to call World Peace Day.  It's a way for us to come together to share amazing experiences, upcoming news, spread world peace, both locally and globally.  There's no formality to it, however each month is lead by a particular district.  Sometimes a little thrown together program is distributed upon entering the center.  Other times, it's just stuff.  This time we were given the lyrics to Mary J. Blige's song "Just Fine."  I thought it was a tad odd, but not for the reasons you may.  It had nothing to do with singing secular music in a sacred environment.  No.  It was more about "are we gonna sing this" and "does everyone in this room even know the rhythm?"  Well, seems we did and they did!  I thought it was the most fitting song and post to jump start my blogging again.  So, please read the words and know that they apply to me.


Just Fine by Mary J. Blige   

You know I love music
And every time I hear something hot
It makes me wanna move
It makes me wanna have fun
But it’s something about this joint right here
This joint right here
Its makes me wanna…..Woooh

Let it go
Can’t let this thing called love get away from you
Feel free right now, going do what you want to do
Can’t let nobody take it away, from you, from me, from we
No time for moping around, are you kidding?
And no time for negative vibes, cause I’m winning
It’s been a long week, I put in my hardest
Gonna live my life, feels so good to get it right

So I like what I see when I’m looking at me
When I’m walking past the mirror
No stress through the night, at a time in my life
Ain’t worried about if you feel it
Got my head on straight, I got my mind right
I ain't gonna let you kill it
You see I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just…..

Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
Just fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
You see I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just fine

Feels so good, when you’re doing all the things that you want to do
Get the best out of life, treat yourself to something new
Keep your head up high
In yourself, believe in you, believe in me
Having a really good time, I’m not complaining
And I’m a still wear a smile if it raining
I got to enjoy myself regardless
I appreciate life, I’m so glad I got mine
So I like what I see when I’m looking at me

When I’m walking past the mirror
Ain't worried about you and what you gonna do
I’m a lady so I must stay classy
Got to keep it hot, keep it together
If I want to get better
You see I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just…..
Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
Just fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
You see I won’t change my life, my life’s just fine

I ain't gon’ let nothing get in my way
(I ain't gone let nobody bring me down, no, no, no)
No matter what nobody has to say
(No way, no way, no way)
I ain’t gon’ let nothing get in my way
No matter what nobody has to say

Feels so good, when you’re doing all the things that you want to do
Get the best out of life, treat yourself to something new
It’s a really good thing to say
That I won’t change my life, my life’s just fine

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post! You have certainly become one of my "Besties" and I can't imagine my life without Tiffanie Coleman in it! You are deserving of "it all", because you are "IT", "The Shyt" and then some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, congratulations on everything you've accomplished in the past few months! And we are so alike in so many ways, it's uncanny.... Mom, Buddhist, divorcee (if I remember correctly) though a married woman "by essence", and so on.


    All I need to do now is find love like you have. I trust that it will happen one day. Congratulations and good luck!

    @fleurrebelle234

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kim, thanks for your kind words. You KNOW more than anyone else how this year has unfolded. I thank and love you tons and I'm honored to be one of your besties. You're definitely one of mine!

    @Fleurrebelle Yesssss, we DO have a lot in common - including the divorcee part. Isn't it amazing?! Thanks for the good vibes. #NMRK

    ReplyDelete

I've got a piece of your mind. Thanks!